Thursday, August 20, 2009

Introducing: Cuddie Carey, Mr. Shoester, and "R.I.P." Mr. M

1st - AP US History
2nd - AP English
3rd - Drama
4th - Pre Calculus
5th - Filipino 3
6th - Physics

Subject to change. I'm not going to be suicidal this year because I almost drowned myself trying to balance one class after the other like 6 stack of hard bound books on both hands. I love the AP History class; Mr. Carey is one of the coolest teachers at Bethel. And I don't mean cool as in he would give you a high five everytime you crack a joke and say, "Good job, homie." I mean this mostly in an academic way. I have no passion for history, but you just really get yourself starstrucked once you take the time to ponder on the lessons, and even his analysis (probably coming from him being a Philosophy and Art Major.) However, I might not be staying there for long. I'm straightening myself out this year and taking it one step at a time and hopefully I get back on my straight A's (or close) track. If it happens.

I know it looks like much blabbering at this point, but try to bear with me.

David Schuster is my German, Jewish, Scottish, (and whatever else generic European) Drama club instructor who speak English, Portuguese, Italian, and French. I can't even begin to list the colleges he's been to, including the Fine Arts Theater Production in the honorable UCLA. He's new to the school, and I think he's also new to the Vallejo City Unified School District. Oh do I feel bad for him. I don't think he's getting the respect he deserves from some of these ungrateful, obnoxious little kids. Anyways, I like the fact that this guy knows a lot of Shakespeare, not to mention he HAS them memorized and performed in front of the class with much passion and enthusiasm. I didn't initially sign up for the class, but I just thought he was something to look forward to. I wonder if I'm going to stay in his class after my expecting schedule change..

And to lay it all out there, Yes, Mr. Christian Manansala is officially out of Bethel and switched to Hogan. Boy is that guy FAMOUS. The whole upperclassmen were in chaos trying to clear up the news if he was really gone. And for those of you who don't know him, he is not missed for being the "nicest, most smartest teacher in school," but rather his weird, enthusiastic class routines, his attempt in singing the national anthem in opera style, his stomach-hurting quotes such as "Cast the evil spirits," "Super Duper Scalawags," and "Ha suy ha." Or whatever the heck else he kept saying all year long. Bottom line is, he is going to be missed no matter how hard his one hour long handouts were. I mean, WOMP, this guy has been on Youtube videos for years now.

1 comment:

  1. Joy:

    Thank you for remembering me with this very interesting and entertaining blog. I love how you describe me.

    Mr. Manansala

    ReplyDelete