Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tickles My Fancy

While I was waiting for Clarisse's call to hit up her graduation party, I decided to browse through the Seventeen and Nylon Magazines once again after two years of ignoring it. I must say, these fashion trends are becoming more and more creative, heading towards the urban standards. Personally, my style would consist of classical glamour, urban, and retro influenced combination. One day I would feel like wearing gold accessories, a ruffled shirt, elongated necklaces, and a bright pair of heels; another day with an off-the-shoulder shirt, vintage purse, and plaid flats; and yet a different day with a revolver print t-shirt, thick black bracelets, and an army green hat. Nevertheless, my mixture would eventually evolve into these fascinating trends.


First off, Bohemian + glamour + urban = Vanessa Hudgens. I prefer her choice of clothing for Fall and Winter clothes, and an exception of a few Summer outfits. I was never fond of bright solid colors like pink and yellow, so having an urban influenced style on ger glam reflected my style in a way.



And for the trend setters, here are the ones who inspired me to reorganize my wardrobe for a more updated look. It's not that I would literally buy all of these, but rather just looking at them just about makes me melt to my knees.
Katy Perry sets the trend in a creative and daring way. As much as how bold her character is, I don't think I would be able to pull it off like she does. Like I said, bright colors are not my thing, but this girl can "rock you like a hurricane."



Zooey Deschanel. And please don't mistake the pictures above as Zooey. They are two totally different women, but with unbelievably similar faces that they almost seem cloned. Either way, their fashion taste is amazing.




There are others who have the same style influence such as the American Native Style influenced actress, Mary-Kate Olsen. All these trends will soar this summer, evolving into a more complex stye as winter appoaches once again. Until then, other local models and admirers continue to explore stores such as American Apparel, Urban Outfitters, Karmaloop, Heritage 1981, Anthropologie, Topshop, and Forever 21.


No comments:

Post a Comment