Friday, November 27, 2009

Things are changing, but I'm ready for more

I haven't really just sat down and processed my thoughts in a long while, so I thought this would be a good time to somehow vent or express some random thoughts and emotions - for bloggers, those who care enough to read, and for those who are simply bored.

I have been thinking about my future plans more and more lately. It's like every time I come across anything relating to the life after highschool, no matter how microscopic it is, I always fall into a complete bewilderment. Sometimes I feel overly excited, maybe even a bit irrational, but then sometimes I feel incredibly disappointed. Either way, it's messing with my head.

I'm single and I think I'm going through that phase when you question which status fits you the most. A few of my most amazing boys are always there for me, and I'm glad to have them in my life. Do I see a chance in a relationship? Yes. Would I put myself in one? Well at the moment, that's a different story.

I think I've come to realize so many things in such a short time period. I look back at the old times and I notice that it would have taken me a couple of "maybe it's not" and "maybe it is" before I differentiate belief with reality. Now when I analyze some things, I take risks.

My self confidence is actually pretty low. I just know how to project, and I honestly don't mean to intimidate people.

Nostalgia is one of the few things that can make me speechless. And you might ask why it seems that powerful. Well here: You look back and you catch yourself smiling, sometimes having a few laughs over little silly things that you remember you used to do. And when you go about those pictures and you continue to look through them, suddenly it's like you've just been struck by five different emotions all at the same time. That's because nostalgia links you from your past and to what's happening in front of you, right there and then. It makes you evaluate what person you've become, which friends you've gotten close to, and how you managed to take yourself out of those situations you used to be in. Then there it is. It's a tiny step to growing up, learning your lessons, and having a wake-up call from reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment